Salmon Fishing on the River Tay
The Bolfracks Estate Salmon Fishing on
the River Tay offers some of the most reasonable and accessible
water in Scotland. There are two beats are between
Aberfeldy and Kenmore. The Upper Beat and Lower Beat regularly
produce around 50 salmon each year and each year a luck angler
tangles with a 20+ lb fish.
The top salmon fishing beat is the junction of the River Lyon
with the River Tay and as anglers will know, a confluence of two
rivers, is always a top spot to find the salmon, this spot is
Estate Salmon Fishing Rules:
There are very few rules on the beats, but those in place are
- All anglers will have fun.
- Fishing is from the right hand or south bank.
- No dogs are allowed.
- Any legal method may be used.
- All gates (especially the main entrance) must be kept locked at
- All baggots, rawners, kelts, parr and dark coloured fish to be
- Give consideration to other anglers.
- No gaffs, prawns, or shrimps may be used.
- Leave the hut tidy.
Estate Fishing Permit costs are as
- January to end April - £20
- May to June 15th- £40
- June 16th to end August- £20
- September to October 15th- £40
Bolfracks Estate Salmon Fishing Permits available
Bolfracks Estate Office
01887 820 344