The Bolfracks Estate Salmon Fishing on the River Tay offers some of the most reasonable and accessible water in Scotland. There are two beats are between Aberfeldy and Kenmore. The Upper Beat and Lower Beat regularly produce around 50 salmon each year and each year a luck angler tangles with a 20+ lb fish.
The top salmon fishing beat is the junction of the River Lyon with the River Tay and as anglers will know, a confluence of two rivers, is always a top spot to find the salmon, this spot is no exception.
Bolfracks Estate Salmon Fishing Rules:
There are very few rules on the beats, but those in place are strictly applied:
- All anglers will have fun.
- Fishing is from the right hand or south bank.
- No dogs are allowed.
- Any legal method may be used.
- All gates (especially the main entrance) must be kept locked at all times.
- All baggots, rawners, kelts, parr and dark coloured fish to be returned unharmed
- Give consideration to other anglers.
- No gaffs, prawns, or shrimps may be used.
- Leave the hut tidy.
Bolfracks Estate Fishing Permit costs (updated Dec 2017) are as follows:-
- January to end April - £25
- May to June 15th- £50
- June 16th to end August- £25
- September to October 15th- £50
Bolfracks Estate Salmon Fishing Permits available from:-
Bolfracks Estate Office
01887 820 344